Sun City Vision Clinic Optometry
vision for the rest of your life
(951) 672-4971
Hours & Directions

Frequently Asked Questions

I have a red, painful, or recently injured eye. What should I do?

At Sun City Vision Center, we provide urgent care services for patients with red, painful, or injured eyes. Please call us and let us know your condition and we will make room for you today or as soon as possible. Over the phone consultation with a doctor of optometry are available under certain circumstances.

Is my office visit covered by my insurance?

You can see a list of our accepted insurances here. If your insurance is not on the list, or you are interested in finding out how much your co-pay is or if you are eligible for free glasses from your insurance, call us at (951) 672-4971.

I have an eye disease. Can you treat it?

OAt Sun City Vision Clinic, we treat glaucoma and we have the latest technology to help care for your glaucoma, macular degeneration, corneal disease, and other eye disease. We do not perform surgical procedures in our office, but we can direct you to excellent surgeons and we can provide you with pre and post operation care.

What is the difference between an optometrist and an opthalmologist?

At Sun City Vision Center we bring you eye care with an optometrist. Optometrists are eye doctors who have gone to optometry school, a 4-year graduate program following a 4-year undergraduate college degree. Optometrists are licensed to treat eye disease and injury with all available medications, but are not licensed to perform surgeries or injections. If you believe you need eye surgery, an optometrist can provide you with pre-surgical care and can help you find the appropriate surgeon for your condition.

Opthalmologists are eye surgeons who have gone through medical school and an opthalmology program. Most opthalmologists choose a specialty, focusing on only a handful of eye diseases depending on the specialty. It is important to know your eye disease so you can choose the appropriate opthalmologist for your care.

If you are unsure if you should be seen by an optometrist or opthalmologist, we recommend coming in to the office for a full examination.

Lysle Shaw-McMinn, O.D.

Click Here for All Articles by this Author
Read More About This Author
Written for Our Blog on Oct 12, 2014


2014 - Admin -  Se Habla Espanol.